Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 07:56:51 -0500

Hi all,

We will be visiting family in Richmond over Labor Day weekend.  I have not
been back there since being diagnosed in Feb.  We are planning on going to
the new Bonefish Grill (gf menu) and Ruth Chris Steakhouse (although the
hostess, when I called, did not know what gluten was: "can you spell
that?"!) for our evening meals.  (I know there is an Outback, but my
husband insists on Ruth Chris!)
Anyway on to my real question.  Does anyone have personal experience with
any gluten-free friendly lunch spots in Cary Town, Shokoe Slip, The Fan,
near VCU?  We always liked The Strawberry Street Cafe, but I have a
feeling they might not be very gluten-aware.  And the Julians across from
the Science Museum was always a favorite, too, but again never got a
gluten-aware vibe there.
I have seen the Richmond GIG website with thier recommended places, but
they are all the standard ones (pf changs, outback, etc..) and none in the
downtown area.

Thanks!  I will summarize.

Pam