From:
Lisa Wicklund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:28:59 EDT

Hello Everyone:

I was wondering what other Autoimmune Diseases can either result from Celiac
or are by products of Celiac. I have often heard that there are other
autoimmune diseases involved with this disease. Personally, I had my right
thyroid lobe removed last year due to the fact that it was the size of a golf
ball. My Celiac symptoms were much more pronounced after my first fine needle
biopsy of the thyroid. Dr's will maintain that there is absolutely no
correlation between the two. I don't believe it for a minute. The trauma of
being stuck deeply in the right lobe five times( which is one way Celiac can
become pronounced) is enough to do something. Anyway, any ideas would be
appreciated.

Also, I was wondering what all of you would think of a live forum with Dr
Joseph Murray in the near future. I have contact with him and will be going
back to see him next Wednesday at Mayo for a deeper biopsy of the upper
esophagus as there is  an abnormality going on there. I could talk to him
then and see if a live forum could be set up where everyone could tune in to
a question and answer time. We would need moderators so that a fair amount of
structure would be in place in order to avoid chaos. I am certain that he
would give an hour of his time in the the next month or so. Your feedback to
me before next Wednesday would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all your information and caring. I have learned so much from
each of you and am thankful that there is a wonderful support system such as
this.

Sincerely,

Lisa Wicklund