From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:56:46 -0400

Thanks to all for the info that Kellogg's corn flakes are not gf.
I didn't think so

I had a horrible experience in a NYC rehab center where I went after surgery to remove toes that had been destroyed by a strep infection.

The dietican was the dumbest in God's earth.  I fought with her for 3 weeks to get gf meals...even after she swore she knew what I was talking about, I'd wind up with food that was smeared with gravy [obviously thickened with flour], noodles, all topped off with a chunck of bread.  IT was only after I threatened her with a lawsuit did I finally start getting possible gf meals.....now I realize that the corn flakes were not and I wondered why I had diarrhea.

Is there any govern't agency that oversees rehabs?  anyone I can complain to?  I know there's a NY State agency, but I'd like to touch as many bases as possible.

The scary part is if this is what happens in NYC, Lord knows what goes on elsewhere.  btw in case you're interested, this was the Queen Blvd Extended Care Rehab...61-11 Queens Blvd in Woodside.