From:
Teresa Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 22:41:31 -0500

>A question came up in our group in boston, regarding g.f. stuffing. Does
>anyone have any ideas on how to make a good seasoned stuffing for
>thanksgiving. I no this is a little early, but could use the time to pratice.

Steve,
        Here in Canada we recently celebrated our Thanksgiving with the
usual trimmings.
        In the past I have made the dressing with the cornbread stuffing
recipe in Bette Hagman's first book.  This year I baked a loaf of GF white
bread & made the dressing as I would have with regular bread.  It turned out
very well and everyone liked it.
        The dressing I make has onions, celery, precooked sausage meat and
the seasonings sauteed in butter or margarine in a pan until the onions are
transparent. In the meantime I slightly beat an egg (or two, depending on
the amount of bread) & mix with the bread cubes, then add the sauteed
vegetables, mix & cook in my crockpot.
        I can't give you any measurements, I've been making this recipe for
so many years I no longer measure just go by eye.  Sometimes there are more
onions sometimes not.
        Hope this helps.
Teresa