From:
Tamara Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tamara Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:07:42 -0700

My sister is currently undergoing tests to determine the cause of recent abdominal and back pain that appears to be related to her gallbladder.  Blood and urine tests have been inconclusive, she has undergone an ultrasound, and she now has a CT scan scheduled for Monday.  They are suspicious of her gallbladder because that area is "warm", indicating infection (this is what my sister said the doctor told her; I wasn't there to hear it first-hand).  My question is:  Can gallbladder problems be related to CD?  She only laughs at me when I ask her to be tested for CD, despite my explanation to her that so many other health problems can be related to it and can be resolved by resolving the CD.  The fact that I have CD, making her a possible candidate for it, doesn't seem to motivate her to speak to her doctor about it.  (I know many of you have had this same problem of trying to convince someone to get tested!)  If the gallbladder is not affected by CD - great, hopefully they'll figure out what the problem is.  But if it IS affected by CD, I could sure use your words of experience to help encourage her to bring it up with her doctor.  I will summarize the responses.  Thank you!