From:
Barbara Fudge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barbara Fudge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2010 09:12:43 -0500

Pain medications and creams were suggested:  An aspirin cream (such as Myoflex) rubbed directly into the knee is actually scientifically proven to work. There's also a diclofenac ointment which is effective. - An effective pain relief is tranadol.  The brand name is Ultran.  Perhaps a generic might be found for it. - Walgreen's generic of Aleve is gluten free.- Biofreeze is a cream that helps relieve pain.  It is sold on Amazon,  at some health food stores, and by some chiropractors.  (I have bought this from my chiropracter and it is a very good pain reliever).

One person suggested that my pain might be from osteoarthritis and that I get an x-ray to find out.  If that was the problem she suggested different treatments for arthritis pain such as over-the-counter or prescription anti-inflammatories/pain relievers, cortisone injections, or "Synvisc" injections that add a lubricating substance to the joint. - Others also told me that they found that Synvisc injections are very helpful. -  Some have told me how surgery really helped friends or family and recommended it.

Several suggested going to good chiropractors.  One person told me that Applied Kinesiology was used to test her for food allergies by a licensed chiropracter who is also certified in acupuncture, homeopathy, AK, and other holistic treatment.  After eliminating the foods she was allergic to her pain went away.

Some asked me to be sure to summarize and I am sorry that I have not been able to do it sooner.

Again, I wish to thank each and every one of you so very much.

Barbara