Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:34:42 EST

I recently email the company about the gf status of their chips - following
is their response:

"Our Cape Cod No Salt, Salted, Golden Russet, Dark Russet and Reduced Fat
Potato Chips are gluten free.  The only ingredients are the potatoes, oil and
salt (except on the no salt).  Our Cape Cod Sea Salt & Vinegar, Nantucket Spice
and Jalapeno & Cheddar Potato Chips are also gluten free.  However, we do
produce seasoned items, such as Firecracker Barbecue, that does contain gluten (the
gluten is in the seasoning) at the same time (on different machines, in the
same room).  Our unseasoned items are produced on the same packaging lines as
the seasoned items.  However, we do wash and sanitize our equipment between
production runs of gluten and gluten free containing products."