From:
Sandra Lutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 10:22:07 -0800

Thanks for the quick responses.  Someone asked if they would let me bring my
own into the theater.  I don't tell them.  I carry it in my "popcorn" purse
that I use only for that.  Since my family buys so much food from them, I
don't feel guilty.  Besides, I don't want to take a chance on theirs.

Act II (natural flavor) is GF.  Stay away from all pre-seasoned (butter
flavored, etc.) popcorn.  I found that out the hard way.

**********

S-According to CSA Product Listing (5th edition) Orville Redenbacher's
microwave popcorn that's gluten free is: butter flavor, butter light,
butter no salt, caramel, cheddar cheese, natural flavor, natural light,
natural no salt, smart pop Reden Budders Microwave: herb & garlic, movie
theater, movie theater light, zesty Regular popcorn-hot air, original, white

*********

but I use Paul Newman's and haven't had any
problems with it.

**********

   I don't eat the bagged popcorn even Orville R. because of the
hydrogenated oils  which are known to cause a reaction in Celiac's.  . I
have a presto microwavalble popcorn popper.  I use real pure virgin
olive oil to pop it in then coat it with real butter (no fake stuff like
in the bagged kind).  I buy the Orville R. popcorn at Costco.  I will
include the website where you can order the popcorn popper if you are
interested or it also gives you locations of stores which carry it.
There are special filters used to help it pop in the microwave which you
can also order from this website when you run out.  They are very
inexpensive.  I use one for about 15 batches of popcorn.  They come in
packages of 8 for a dollar something.
http://www.gopresto.com/productinfo/catalog/popcornpoppers.html

***********

all of Act II microwave popcorn is GF.

We use the Extreme Butter and it tastes like movie house popcorn.   Walmart
carries it as well as a lot of grocery stores.

****************

Orville R. stuff is all GF. I called about 9 months ago.

****************

Safeway, Vons,
Dominick's, Randalls, and Tom Thumb store brands are gf.  You can also just
put regular unpopped kernels in a paper bag (about 1/3 cup for about 3
minutes) and pop them that way.  It doesn't work quite as well, but it's
a lot cheaper.

**************

jiffy pop is GF

***************

Below are the O.R. popcorns that I know to be GF:

Orville Redenbacher's popcorn:  movie theatre butter lite, zesty, urban
garlic and golden cheddar

****************

hello, i use act 2 natural. it has NO butter on it, but it really tastes
great! it will not cause that tongue burn that most popcorns with butter
or flavoring have. if you can try it, please do. i know walgreens sells
them by the packet so you can try it once. i get my big boxes at
walmart. they are under 4$ a box. i have not tried the butter flavors in
act 2 though. i normally melt my own butter and add some fresh parmesan
sometimes!! but this popcorn tastes great with nothing added.

*************

My daughter who has had celiac for about 10 years says "no microwave
popcorn... regular only and of course, no movie popcorn. Her webpage is
"GlutenFreeda.com... maybe she can give you more detailed info...

**************

I checked with Healthy Choice microwave popcorn.  They said it was gluten
free.

**************

I asked at our theaters and they confirmed read me the ingredients and I
have had no problem.

***************

Look for Blast-o-Butter... not only is it really good, but it is gf. the
fellow i spoke with there (about a year ago) was very knowledgeable and
assured me that none of the ingredients in any of their products contain
gluten, and only popcorn is produced at the plant, so there is no risk of
cross-contamination. enjoy!

***************

Newman's is supposed to be GF!

My son is the celiac in the family, and he eats a lot of the Orville popcorn
with no reaction.  He also loves his popcorn and it is his main snack of
choice.

I know Newman's Own by Paul Newman is gf plus he donates all proceeds
from his foods to charity. It is a microwavable popcorn. I really like
it! It is carried at most grocery stores plus my health food store also
carries it.

Sandy