From:
Ken Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 21:53:41 -0500

I telephoned Olga's headquarters in Troy, Michigan to inquire as to the
status of their peasant soup, house dressing and any other potential
gluten free menu items. Clyde Manion is there representative that
handles customer/menu inquiries. He was very receptive and had mentioned
that he had received CD materials from the Grand Rapids CS
representative. His input was as  follows:

Peasant Soup has barley so it is NOT GF.

The Olga House Dressing is red wine vinegar. (I believe this would mean
that it is not distilled -- but I am a recent diagnosee of CD (4 months)
so I am not certain. PLEASE let me know if red wine vinegar could be
distilled -- I will summarize on this point.

The soy sauce used in the Stir Fry is Kikkoman's and contains WHEAT so
it is NOT GF.

Bottom line --- Olga's a chain predominantly in Michigan (and I think
ILL and CA) is a nice place for your the non-CD members of the family to
visit. For us, it looks like we can join for a cup of coffee.

Ken Gross