From:
"Donald D. Kasarda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 09:20:19 PDT

Leanne Wenzel wrote:

>In Canada French's mustard is considered to be safe. Tumeric is a spice and
>does not contain any gluten. Cocoa processed with alkali definitely does not
>contain gluten. If you have reactions to these substances it has nothing to
>do with a gluten intolerance.

Comment from Don Kasarda, Albany, CA

My guess is that about 90% of the claims of "hidden gluten" made on this
list have nothing to do with gluten intolerance.  People react to all kinds
of things and not always consistently. It seems to me unreasonable to
attribute every twist and turn of the intestinal tract to "hidden gluten."