From:
AnswerAppraisals <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AnswerAppraisals <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 17:47:46 -0500

I saw this in a pamphlet I got when I ordered a magazine susbscription and thought it could be converted to gluten free pretty easily. The recipe calls for 1/2 gallon of ice cream.  You soften the ice cream, spoon into a 8-inch round baking pan or plastic container, smooth the top, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for four hours.  Dip the pan into a little hot water to loosen and invert on a plate.  Put some kind of version of gf fudge sticks or rectangular cookies around edge of ice cream and freeze again.  Make "water" by mixing blue food coloring in whipped cream and frost cake.  Freeze again 15 to 30 minutes until set.  Decorate pool with gummy rings for inner tubes, Gobstopper (don't know if gf) or a round gf candy for beach balls, use paper umbrellas and plastic people for the swimmers.  They made a ladder with licorice that went from the edge of the just over to the top (like little hooks)--I'm sure any Fruit by the Foot or whatever that is gf would work.