From:
Jim Polvi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:16:54 -0800

Our 12 year old son was diagnosed with CD in April 2000.  He was
recovering very well but in the last two months he inadvertently ate
some hidden gluten, possibly three times.  We have noticed a pattern
than once his system has been exposed to gluten he becomes very
intolerant to any acids, especially citric, vinegar, tomato etc. He then
develops a chronic stomach ache for which we have been able to provide no relief

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can ease his discomfort?
Doctors seem baffled at our request for help.  We can only offer him
minuscule help with a hot water bottle.  We have been giving him Pepcid
AC but because it has citric acid in it I think we are compounding the
problem.

We would appreciate any suggestions as we getting very depressed about
him feeling ill all the time.

Thank you so much in advance.

Carol and Jim
British Columbia