From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 13:01:04 -0800

We are eliminating MSG from our diet so I recently checked out Johnnys new MSG free Seasoning Salt only to find soy sauce powder containing wheat in it.  I sent an email explaining my disappointment that they would add one of the top 8 allergens to a new product.  (It was a nice letter, folks.  I find scathing letters to mfgs only harm our cause.)  Their regular seasoning salts are all gf.

Johnnys sent me a list of their gluten free seasonings along with a gift pack.  It appears that while most of their seasonings did contain MSG, they are slowly changing formulas to eliminate it.  If anyone wants the list, please email Johnnys via their website noted below.  According to Johnnys they have no nebulous ingredients - all are clearly labeled; no flavorings-type stuff.

They do have gift packs available on their website - for those hard to buy for people - that run $7 to $15 a set plus S&H.  Check it out at www.johnnysfinefoods.com.  Phone 800-962-1462.

Diane