From:
John H Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 05:41:09 EDT

Hello the List:

In this discussion I wonder if one vital factor has been overlooked?

As with anything you have varying degrees from slight exposure to
hypersensitive, and a wide range between the two extremes.

My dermatologist has diagnosed me as hypersensitive as the least exposure,
direct or indirect will bring on the DH.  In my case I found that Kellogg's
RICE KRISPIES were the offending factor, and upon investigation found that
they have a binding  substance in them that comes from barley, which is the
barley equivalent of gluten in wheat.  (Wheat, barley, oats and rye are all
NO NO's)

I hear that others can be affected by whatever it is that holds toothpaste
together a " doesn't affect me, but does affect others.

In other words, HYPERSENSITIVITY comes into it as a governing factor.

As for accusing some British charity (Coeliac Society U K) of bending to some
supposed contributor to their funds, I think that is not only nonsense but
could be taken as libellous.  Let's try and keep the temperature DOWN, NOT
flame it UP!

John B