Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:03:14 -0800

I am considering going on antidepressants for a 6 month trial.  Years ago I
had tried Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft with good effect before I was dx celiac and
going thru menopause then didn't need them for years.  From what I can
ascertain there are several Clan Thompson's drug list says are gluten free,
like celexa tabs, prozac tabs, Zoloft tabs, paroxatine, imipramine & serzone
to name a few.  They all seem to contain starch though, which breaks down to
dextrin & dextrose.  I am one of those celiacs who are sensitive to corn &
many chemicals & preservatives.  I also notice there are a lot of dyes in
certain brands too.

I would be very grateful for any information on personal experience with any
of the antidepressants, whether negative or positive.  I am aware they are
full of chemicals; I have been tossing this around for months now and have
not come to any firm decision; I would like objective input as to what
effect these meds have had on adult others, particularly those of us who ARE
so sensitive.

Any natural GF remedies to the standard typical mild depression so many of
us experience would be welcome too.  I already live the eat right 4 your
blood type diet, get enough natural sun and lead a circadian lifestyle.  It
could be very likely I might have a vitamin deficiency too (celiac dx GF
4/04).  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks, Dorina, near Galveston,
TX [log in to unmask]