From:
"Victor J. Samuel Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 09:39:21 -0600

Our Support Group is Chapter 13 Midlands, part of the national CSA/USA.
In the past, we've met 10- 12/ year. Attendence lately has not been as
good so we've decided to meet 6 times next year. About 1- 2 weeks after
our meetings, our newsletter is mailed out. It includes updates on
gluten-free foods (one of our members is kind enough to call companies
to check for the foods available in our area, as they do vary ingredients
around the country), we have  an article listing what took place at the
last meeting, we include (as space permits) most of the recipes from foods
brought to that meeting (we generally have themes for each meetings food
products), we sometimes have inclussions of topics of concern from this
list, currently synopsis of meetings from the conference in Oct.,info about
cookbooks, a topic called Grandma's Kitchen which lists recipes, hints
on foods when traveling, etc.
        This newsletter is included with $10 annual dues. Some folks I
talked with at the conference from other states joined to receive it
since they had little support. One of the reasons we've been told that
our attendence has decreased is because the newsletter is so good, folks
with distances to travel don't find it necessary! We also have one or two
restaurant outings a year, where a gluten-free meal is specifically
prepared for us. The most popular is Chinese food. The chef once even made
us a rice cake! Perhaps these ideas can be used by other groups!
                                                Lynn from Omaha