From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2008 14:39:59 -0400

Here's the rest:

My wife (Holly Beach), has The Silly Yak Bakery in Madison, WI. She ships her GF breads
all over the US, even to a DoD worker in Baghdad, Iraq. We have NEVER heard of this
problem with her breads. Matter of fact, we even pass out to our local Madison Area
Gluten Intolerance Chapter (MAGIC), as well as include in our shipments, my recipe for
Double-decker French Toast w/ a layer of fruit in-between.

      Go to:     www.sillyyakbakery.com/glutenfree.html

*************

When I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease almost 7 years ago, I noticed right away that
gluten free bread does not absorb liquid, or in my case melted butter. I complained about
it to my sister right away (who's also celiac), and she just laughed at me but admitted
that she noticed that as well.  At that point I made the decision that I would not eat gluten
free bread unless it could absorb butter/liquid.  So needless to say I went by for several
years without eating bread.

A few years back I came across another celiac who gave me a loaf of Sami's Millet and
Flax Seed bread.  Now before I'm chastised by the gluten free community for eating
Sami's (there have been several people who have sent emails stating their bread is not
gluten free), I have been eating it for several years now without any issue (and I'm very
sensitive).  It is the only bread I have found that acts like wheat based breads.  I can
actually make a wonderful mozzerella/bacon/pepperoni grilled cheese sandwich out of it.

The bread comes from Sami's Bakery in Florida, and they ship all over the continental
US.  The only drawback is that the minimum order is $25.00.  Considering a loaf of the
bread is $4.09, it's not hard to make the minimum.  Their website is
www.samisbakery.com.  They do process gluten containing products in the same facility,
but I guess the decision lies with you in regards to that.

Rita's Old Fashioned Bread Pudding