From:
Nora Veldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 15:46:29 +0200

Hi all,

I'm reacting to a posting by Karen Bulmer a few days ago, but
unfortunately lost it when reorganizing my mailbox.

My question is, is it important for your health to find out wether you
are a celiac or not, if you have never really been suffering from CD.
Karen was detected after her son was proven to be suffering from CD.

I am allergic to many foodstuff things. My MD has given me the green
light to forward me to a GI if I will request him to do so.
But, but he (MD) says, CD is just a group of allergies. Your allergic, that
we know. What good will it do you to find out that you have CD?

What good will it do me? If I go on being undiscovered, will that
eventually do me harm? Is CD "just a group of allergies" or is it more
than that?

There are a few things pointing in the direction of CD for me:
* I'm allergic to a whole repertoire of cereals, also alas corn and
rice. (This was tested with blood and skin tests)
* I have often had bowel problems. I have 3-4 stools per week. My MD
is not worried about that. Everybody his own speed. My stools are
mostly soft to very soft.
Had two strokes of diarhea in the last year that might very well be
travellers diarhea...
* I'm anemic now and have been in the past.
Might come from not eating meat (most of the time)
* I'm almost always tired and often depressed for no apperent reason.
* Have had dermografitis since Februar. Is that the same as DH? Can
anyone describe DH in full detail?
* I've had a lot of sinus problems, already since I was small, I'm
allergic to pollen aswell, so that's not really strange according to
my MD.

** Treatment with anti-histamines gives me reasonable relieve from
skin affliction, although I still see the dermografitis, it just
doesn't itch anymore. Sinuses feel also a little better.

** I'm generally "healthy", as was Karen Bulmer (as I understood it).

Question remains, is it important to find out if you're a celiac??

Kind regards, Nora
* Nora Veldman, Laboratory of Crystal and Structural Chemistry
* Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research, Utrecht University.
* (Kruytgebouw, room N828), Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands.
* E-mail: [log in to unmask]
* FAX   : (31)-30-533940         Office : (31)-30-533902