From:
Nancy Garniez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Garniez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:57:26 -0400

Dear List:
Am I imagining things or are canned beans a source of gluten?  Recently I became ill from what must have been (by process of elimination, sorry for that) canned black beans Goya brand.
I thought it a fluke, as I have eaten that brand of that bean (more or less)  as a frequent ingredient in various dishes.
Fourth of July picnic:  I make a bean salad with canned beans of other brands (progresso and some house brand sold by Grand Union).  Sick.  Mind you, I have nothing against beans, I love them.  Might this be one of those sensitivites that pronounce themselves over time???

Question:  Does anyone have similar experience?

I will summarize.
Nancy in nyc