From:
Susanne Romey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 13:28:55 -0500

Hello everyone,

I made a mistake.  I'm really having an endoscopy.  Thanks so much for all the
wonderful suggestions!  I really learned a lot.  I had several issues, so I'll
try to cover everything.

My problem seems to be caused by candidiasis.  I got a lot of help and I'm doing
better.  The main thing is that I have to watch my diet very closely.  I think
too much dairy caused this problem  Several people pointed this out, and after I
thought about it I had to face it.  Someone else also said avoid sugar, which
I'm doing.  I've been a vegetarian for over twenty years, but now I'm planning
to add fish to my diet since I don't think I can tolerate any dairy for awhile!
I'd love to hear from other vegetarians who can't eat dairy.  One person from
the paleolithic group said we all need to eat meat!  Other people said that
maybe I'm still eating gluten.  I don't think so.  Someone said food allergies
could be the problem.  I got some good recipies for soup and someone said to eat
organic fruit and vegetables.  Fruit is not recommended for candida, so I'm
eliminating most of that too, except for oranges.  Someone else also told me
that I have to watch out for guar gum.  I don't know why.

I got some great recommendations.  L-glutamine has already given me a lot of
relief!  Someone else recommended slippery elm bark tea which I'm still trying
to figure out how to make.  This is supposed to help the inflammation and
swelling in the colon.

Someone recommended the Gluten Free Pantry or Miss Roben's for GF vegetarian
broth.  The Pantry didn't have anything, and I found something at the Whole
Foods Store that is cheaper than Miss Roben's because of shipping costs.

I hope that covers it.  I'll summarize again about a dairy free vegetarian diet
if I get some responses.

Susanne