Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 21:22:04 -0500

Hi all,

I am unfamiliar with all the tests to check for vitamin and calcium
deficiencies, etc. and also, bone density tests.  What exactly is involved.

My GP only ran the regular CBC and I don't think I indicated any
deficiencies.  I heard that there are more specific blood tests to help
make the determination on possible malabsorption, etc. (not including IgG,
IgA, etc)

Can anyone advise on the proper type of test names?  I would like to go
back to my doctor and ask her to investigate more thoroughly.  I feel I
have signs of malabsorption. I am also particulary concerned about bone
density.  I have had a few accidents in the last couple of months which
normally shouldn't have caused me so much pain, but I felt horrific pain
from these injuries.

Any advice would be appreciated. I will summarize.

Jacquie
Toronto, Ontario