From:
Fran Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 15:30:00 -0800

This is my first Christmas season as a "Celiac-Diabetic", some kindly &
well meaning relatives have sent *sugar free* chocolates. Many people
have severe diarrhea reactions to the sugar alcohols-- the "itol" food
group-- sorbitol, mannitol etc.....
Does anyone know if said substances are GF?
Oh! To be gluten free & heart healthy in diet!!!!!

Fran

--

mailto:[log in to unmask]

The children were restlessly tossing in bed
For the pie & the candy were heavy as lead......
A spoonful of oil ma'm if you have it handy
No nuts and no raisins, no pies, and no candy,
These tender young stomachs cannot well digest
All the sweets that they get- toys and books are the best
But I know my advice will not find many friends
For the custom of Christmas the other way tends..........