From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:20:03 -0700

Hi All--

Thanks for all who replied to my request for gf marinades for grilling chicken. Once again, the responses were overwhelming and it's taken me some time to compose them. I specifically asked for marinades that were non-swe
et and not Italian salad dressing. I also asked if anyone knew, specifically, if Ranch dressing would work? All of these following suggestions represent just about any taste one might be looking for, so enjoy!

Lemon-Barbecue Chicken Cookout
l cup salad oil
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
l TB salt
2 tsps crushed basil
2 tsps onion powder
1/2 tsp leaf thyme, crushed
l clove garlic crushed
2 lbs chicken ( I like the boneless breasts)
Mix the ingredients and marinate the chicken for 6 - 8 hours.  Even
overnight is fine or less time if in a rush.  Grill about 10- 15
minutes if
skinless breasts.
_____
Put chicken in container.  Cover with apple juice.  Add 2 to 3
tablespoons salt, 1 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.  Add these
optional ingredients to your taste:  crushed fresh garlic, minced
ginger
root, brown sugar, wine, etc.

I've made it just plain with the apple juice, salt & apple cider
vinegar. It's delicious & light.  Everyone loves it.
_____
Vinegar & oil with salt & pepper
_____
Drew's Roasted Garlic & Peppercorn salad dressing (like Ranch)
_____
Honey mustard & white wine
_____
Pineapple juice, honey & terragon (marinate overnight)
_____
Brine the chicken instead of marinating
_____
Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar salad dressing
_____
GF Honey Mustard
_____
Kraft Honey Dijon before serving
_____
Tamari, chopped garlic, sesame oil & brown sugar
_____
Rubbing spices & lemon juice
_____
Fish sauce, red pepper flakes, lemon juice & oil
_____
Wheat free soy sauce w/fresh crushed garlic, ginger root, lemon & sugar
_____
Dry rub spices, Mrs. Dash, Clover Valley Soul Food Seasoning Salt
_____
Lawry's 30 min. marinades
_____
Annie's Natural Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette
_____
Braggs & oil w/herbs or use orange or pineapple juice
_____
Lime juice, tequila & cilantro

I hope I didn't leave anyone's suggestion out. Thanks again. I'm keeping this list so I'll have more than one marinade next time my taste buds want a change!

Cheers,
Ayn in Alabama