From:
"Ruth M. Harris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 21:19:03 -0500

I received an e-mail today from Christine Negm, Lundberg Family Farms
Dietitian <[log in to unmask]> stating

"Thank you for writing about our rice cakes and gluten.  We have
completely revamped our rice cake line this summer, bringing to you 18
new exciting flavors. We have one rice cake that contains
gluten-multigrain.  The topping contains some ground barley puffs.
Please know that we are aware of the problems Celiac have with even
small amounts of the protein.  We have an intensive sanitation program
to avoid any cross-contamination between the lines of cakes, and cleans
and sanitizes all surfaces.  Our sanitation is so complete, that this
line in even certified organic, and as you probably know, they are quite
particular about cross-contamination of non-organic product with organic
product.  It is not likely you will have gluten in your diet from
Lundberg Rice Cakes."

I call Quaker Oats Co. about there Rice Cakes and the said they can not
guarantee their Rice Cakes are GF.  They clean  between runs but their
may be cross-contamination.

The two companies may be both ok. One is more definite, that for sure.

I have no associations with either organization.