From:
Kathy Christenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 09:27:16 -0500

Arrowroot is an often-used ingregient in a  new cookbook I just purchased.
The only source for Arrowroot that I have been able to find is manufactured
by NOW Foods in Illinois.  I just spoke to Nick there who says that their
machinery is thoroughly cleaned between runs and so he thinks that their
arrowroot is gluten free.  However, there are lots of gluten containing
grains processed in the same room so there might be contamination in the
air.  Does anyone know of a totally gluten free source for arrowroot?  Is
arrowroot something you can buy unprocessed and grind your own?

Thanks.