Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:48:51 EDT

Hi Everyone,
I recently went to Bistro 110 in Chicago (located downtown off Michigan Ave)
for dinner.  It is a French style restaurant with a wood burning oven.  I told
my server as soon as I sat down about celiac and what items would be safe for
me.  About 2 minutes later the chef arrived at my table and basically went
over the menu and told me what was safe to eat and they are very careful of any
cross contamination issues.  He told me they are very aware of any food
allergies/intolerances and they take it very seriously.  I was very impressed.  My
meal was wonderful and I felt completely at ease eating it.  Afterwards my
server offered my GF cookies, which I could not turn down.  This was probably one
of the best restaurant experiences ever since my celiac diagnosis (well, only
Ambria can compare, which is 3 times the cost).  If you live in Chicago or are
visiting, you should definitely dine there.  The food by the way was
outstanding.

Take Care All,
vicki