Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 13:38:15 -0400

Perhaps one of the baker's or gourmet cooks on the list could answer me this:

Picked up a package of President's Choice Meringue Nests today, hoping to
satisfy my daughter's otherwise deprived tastebuds.  Ingredients are as
follows:

caster sugar, liquid egg-white, salt

Question 1:  What the heck is caster sugar?
Question 2:  Does caster sugar have gluten and/or casein in it?
Question 3:  Why does it say 'liquid' egg-white, instead of just plain
             egg-white? Does the 'liquid' part suggest some other additive
             not listed?

I'm really hoping these are gluten/casein free, because she is in dire need
of some treats!

Thanks,
Courtney's Mom,
April