From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:57:15 -0700

Hi All--

Every once in a while, some small thing reminds us that there is far more good than bad in the world. My original question to the list was for information on plain, unflavored GF yogurts. I received 62 responses. I guess I've felt so funky for so long that finding so many people willing to take the time to write just overwhelmed me. I cried for half an hour when I started seeing all the replies coming in. (I cry when I'm sick - sometimes, the only way I know I'm ill). Anyway, I intended to write everyone individually because I was (and am) so grateful for the support and good wishes, but I'm over my head in emails and work and trying to feel better. So, my heartfelt thanks to all who shared their information with me. This is what you all had to say about yogurt--

More than half of the responses suggested Stoneyfield, and most of those recommended the whole milk because of the consistency.

Two people raved about Nancy's yogurt, but I couldn't find it. It's carried in health food stores such as Whole Foods and Wild Oats.

The second most popular plain yogurt was Dannon.

And the other brands suggested were:
Kroger
Lucerne
Horizon
Trader Joe's
Columbo
Whole Soy

Several people recommended kefir, stating it was higher in good bacteria than yogurt.

A number of people eat Yoplait, but I've never found a plain yogurt by Yoplait. I eat the French Vanilla, but now have to go unflavored, so...

A few people mentioned taking Candex and a probiotic instead of eating yogurt - which may be the way I go if I can't get used to Stoneyfield's.

I feel as though I'm leaving something out, but don't know what. If someone wrote with a really good remedy for yeast overgrowth that I overlooked, let me know and I'll repost - there were several people interested in this summary.

Thanks, again, to everyone who sent me replies and good wishes for recovery. I was truly touched.

Cheers,
Ayn in Alabama