From:
Debi Ruscitti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debi Ruscitti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:41:46 -0400

Hi group..
Just a rant for a moment..I think the hardest part of being Celiac and allergic to dairy and soy is friendships. I find that people have a hard time remembering that if they invite me over, I cannot have pizza! "Oh, yeah I forgot you have that!" That what???
I also notice that people have invited us over less often because, "I don't know what you can eat!"
I always say, "no worries, I can bring something" or if were going out for dinner, i say, "ca we go somewhere where I can get something!" That seems to throw some people off.
I do make it a rule that no one brings food that is not GF, Df and SF to my home. But, believe me no one EVER goes home hungry. I love to cook and certainly put out a great spread. Those who do trust that "my food" is not gross, find themselves excited to come for meals. At 57 years old, I am so sad that my friends will not try to include me because they are not willing to find a place where I can also go or are afraid that they will have food that will make me sick. Honestly, I always am okay with bringing food and just want to feel like one of the group without hearing, "Oh, sorry but we are going to so and so's for dinner, we didn't think you'd be able to eat!" Women..ahhh!
Okay, well I am done ranting but, I sure wish I could find women who have my same issues. It would be so  much easier. I guess I am grateful that my kids and immediate family is okay with it..All 16 of them! :)