From:
William Elkus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:50:56 -0800

Today, Judith Daley <[log in to unmask]> said in her post to this

>I've had a few people ask me about the Ghee that
>was in my summary on casein free margarine/butter.
>
> They were wondering if Ghee is lactose
> free.  I know that it is gluten and casein free
> but I am not sure if it lactose free.

My youngest son is highly allergic to milk proteins.  Several years ago I
contacted one of the ghee manufacturers and was told there were small
amounts of casein which still remain in ghee, and that those who were
highly allergic should not use ghee. Unfortunately, I can't find my notes
from this call, but I did find the following post from our archives: