From:
Kate Farquhar-Shirley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 10:01:49 -0800

On Tue, 16 Jan 1996, Wendy Stewart wrote:

> One question, though, how
> many people get cankers following a visit to the dentist?  I questioned my
> dentist on this, but, at the time, did not know that I was CD.  Any ideas?

I began getting canker sores after a visit to the dentist for a cavity
filling.  Probably the trauma to the mouth starts it up...I got them
after that when I was stressed or not eating well, often so bad that I
couldn't talk or walk.  After being mis-diagnosed and mis-medicated for
years they have finally been diagnosed as apthas ulcers - in layman's
terms "really bad canker sores" :)
One note: I had a baby 10 months ago, and now rarely get them any more,
and never as bad as they used to be.  Hmmmmm.
Kate