From:
Jennifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 20:37:31 +1300

Happy New Year Everyone,
  Sadly, I am intimidated by all things culinary, especially baking,
however, having collected quite a few recipes over the months, I set
forth and did a marathon of baking just before Christmas. Unfortunately,
some of the results were less than pleasing. Some were, in fact,
downright disasterous! Because my knowledge about GF flours is so
limited, I have to wonder if the flours I used were inappropriate for
the recipes. For instance, because I couldn't find any sweet rice flour,
I used tapioca flour instead.

  I would be very grateful if some kind listmembers could explain to me
the properties or qualities of the common GF flours, and what the flours
are generally used for. I will certainly write a summary of responses,
because this is the sort of information I am sure would be helpful to
other new coeliacs.

Many Thanks,
Jenny
Auckland, New Zealand