Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:17:40 -0600

This is the response I received from Mike's Consumer Relations department
(email:[log in to unmask]):

   The natural grain spirit (vodka) which is present in MHL is distilled
   alcohol.  The malt-base which is present in MHL is fermented barley beer
   malt.

   Our Lab has done an extensive analysis of Mike's Hard Lemonade and the tests
   show that no gluten protein is detected due to the small amounts used.
   However, we do not recommend consuming this product without consulting your
   health care provider.

   Regards,
   Patricia

...perhaps some celiacs could handle drinking it, I don't know.  I'm new at
this, so I may try it in the future, but for now, I'm playing it safe.

As for the Hardcore Cider I inquired about, everyone that responded said it
was GF except one, whose response follows:

   Hardcore is made in a brewery and cannot guarantee gf status as they use the
   same lines.  I got VERY ill after drinking it.  I do use some products such
   as Frito Lay that may have cross contamination but I haven't gotten sick
   from them.  I suppose if you don't get ill from it, go ahead and consume it.
   But after my experience, I'll stick with woodchuck that is made at a winery.

It seems Hardcore is not the cider of choice anyway, because of taste.
Woodchuck was the recommended cider by all who responded.

Cheers!

Karen
Lincolnshire, IL