From:
Alan Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 21:36:24 -0000

I was amazed at the response to my post on hair loss.  Ten people informed
me that they lose patches of hair after eating gluten,  or have suffered
alopecia to some degree.
One or two mentioned the possibility of the shampoo or conditioner
containing wheat. ( something i had never thought of)
A few others said it could be due to nutrients not being absorbed because
of the dammage done to the intestines by the gluten.
All in all I am now convinced my child does have celiac and will be gluten
free for life. Thanks to everyone who emailed me,  I really appreciate it.

Lianne