From:
Joan Feddish <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan Feddish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:31:10 -0500

Dear Listmates,

A hearty thank you to all who responded to my inquiry. Your suggestions
follow my comments.

First, let me mention that we wound up staying at the Courtyard by Marriott
in Cambridge across the river from Boston U. The Courtyard was a great
choice for us. It has a new Japanese restaurant downstairs with sushi and
hibachi. We had 2 dinners (1 sushi, 1 hibachi) there and one lunch (sushi).
For the hibachi dinner, the chef cooked our meals first and made sure the
grill was clean washing it in front of me. The food and service were good;
the prices, reasonable. Overall, a great experience.

We had breakfast at the hotel each morning. It was a full hot breakfast with
lots of options including made-to-order omlettes and smoothies. We ate well,
so well that we skipped lunch almost every day, having only a snack instead.

For one dinner, we dined at the Elephant Walk in Cambridge. Our food was
delicious, our server understanding and attentive to our needs. The only
downside was the hostess who was less than friendly upon our arrival. Our
daughter is 5 and very well behaved--perhaps the previous young visitor was
unruly. Who knows, but our greeting and seating experience were very
displeasing and uncomfortable for myself and my husband.

Also, the hostess called a cab back to the hotel for us upon our departure.
The cabbie took the long way home basically doubling the route and rate.
Because of the experience with the hostess and trip home, I would not go
back to the Cambridge location. However, we did enjoy the food so we would
consider the Boston location. Aside from that blip, we had a great trip to
Boston and can't wait to return this summer.

Kindest regards,

Joan in PA

_______________________________________

Wagamama has a couple locations in Boston (Prudential Center, Faneuil Hall,
etc.).  Let them know you need GF food and a manager will take care of your
order, giving it special attention. Fun Asian food - kids like it.

Legal Seafood has a GF menu, as does PF Changs (also Prudential Center), and
both are in downtown Boston, with kid-friendly options.

Another place that has a good reputation is Nebo's Restaurant in Boston's
North end, but we haven't eaten there.

Finally, we also had great GF pizza in the suburbs at Paparazzi and Uno
Chicago Grill.  Don't know if they have Boston locations, but worth a look
at their websites.

I recommend Burton's Grill and Uno's for lunch or dinner. Maggianos Little
Italy, I heard is good, haven't tried it yet.

http://www.glutenfreeregistry.com/gluten-free-state-search.do?state=MA&city=
Boston

Ahmrhein's - chef was accomodating, food excellent and reasonably priced.

Please consider Treetops Suite for a future stay in Boston.  We have a
spacious accommodation at a very reasonable price with easy access to
Boston.  In addition, we offer a complimentary breakfast that can be gluten
free!

www.burton'sgrill.com

Our favorite place is PF Changs.  It is chinese style food and terrific.
They have a great GF menu.  Try the GF lettuce wraps.
There are two locations in downtown Boston.  One in the theatre district and
one in Prudential center.
Both are good but we prefer the one much more in the theatre district at 8
Park Plaza, 617-573-0821.
Make a reservation so you only have to wait about 15 minutes, otherwise it
will be an hour or more.
The park plaza one has nicer wait staff and better food...It is a noisy
place --both of them.

The American Girl Store had a wonderful gf pizza that my daughter loved!  I
called ahead and spoke with the chef who was very helpful.

In Cambridge, we've eaten at StoneHearth Pizza, which is very small, but has
good g/f pizza:  http://www.stonehearthpizza.com/shp_menu.pdf
We've also eaten at Wagamama in Cambridge which is fun and they're sensitive
to celiacs:  http://www.wagamama.us/food/dietary/wheatandglutenintolerant
Finally, more upscale and in Boston is Burton's Grill:
http://www.burtonsgrill.com/downloads/GFTakeOut-Web_Boston.pdf
We've never eaten there, but we know people who have who say it is
excellent. Check out the g/f menu, it looks awesome.

I have a list of gf friendly restaurants in the Boston area on my blog,
www.glutenfreediscoveries.blogspot.com

Nebo
90 N Washington St
Boston, MA 02114
(617) 723-6326
Nebo Restaurant in Boston offer gluten-free pastas and many other Italian
dishes.
www.neborestaurant.com

Myers and Chang
1145 Washington St
Boston, MA 02118
(617) 542-5200

Flour Bakery + Café
12 Farnsworth St
(between Congress St & Northern Ave)
Boston, MA 02210
(617) 338-4333

There are also PF Changs, Outback, Legal Seafood, Pizzeria Uno available in
Boston, all of which offer gf menus.