From:
Jan Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 18:43:51 EDT

My two daughters have CD (ages 13 and 16).  I remember years ago reading
about a very serious condition called "Celiac crisis" in which the person
becomes violently ill and can die if it is not known what is causing the
illness.

Does anyone have more information about this?  Would it only be caused by
ingesting gluten?  Would it only be if it was a large amount ingested?  What
signs and symptoms would there be other than vomiting and/or diarrhea?

My oldest daughter is going out of the country with a school group this
summer and I want to send all the information I can with her.  She is
registered with Medic Alert and has a "dog tag" which she will wear.

Thank you in advance.

Jane inCA