From:
charlie white <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 09:13:56 -0400

  This past weekend I went to a Post Polio convention and the courage of
these people is so remarkable.  All of these people had had polio as
children or adults, some had been paralazed and in a wheelchair since the
onset of polio, some recovered and led a perfectly normal life until 30  or
so years later when the polio returned to disable them.  Some deal  with a
great deal of disability and pain on a daily basis and yet try to lead as
normal a life as possible.  Some are a little better off with the disability
but have alot of pain and the outlook is not pretty.  I was very saddened
but also struck with the fight and courage these people displayed and their
sense of humor.

I am sharing this with you all, I have a compelling need to say let be so
grateful to be able to wake up in the morning and go about our daily
business.  Yes, we all have our problems but we can appreciate so much being
able to get where we want to go.  Lets live in this beautiful world in this
beautiful moment and appreciate every day.

Janet in Maine