From:
Donald Baisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 16:02:17 -0700

was NOT GF. I called the E & J Gallo winery, Consumer Relations, (209)
579-3111, and they also told me that because one of their natural
flavors has a trace of barley in it, it cannot be called GF.

Matthew McBride suggested I try Old Deadly Cider (high alcohol levels),
WoodPecker Cider, or Woodchuck Cider.  He also beleives Saporro Beer
(Japan) that is supposedly GF (per the
brewery, they filter out the Gluten). But knows there is some
controversy on this. K L Rogerson suggested I try  Another full flavored
cider that he believes is GF is imported Blackthorn.
Also got a suggestion to try potato alcohol vodka, but I was hoping for
a good beer substitute.
The consumer relations person at E & J Gallo accepted my recommendation
that they should try to find a replacement for this barley flavor. She
said that they record every suggestion they receive and that the company
does regard people who call as important to their product decisions.
 Don in Glendora, CA