Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:13:09 EDT

Here are some of the responses that I got from my inquire about On The
Border.

I recently found out that all of their meats and veggies on
the fajita platters are pre-marinated in soy sauce. Last time I went there,
they told me this and I asked them to make me some onions just saute-d in
oil,
plus I had the portabello mushroom fajitas because they were not
premarinated. However, I am sure you could request some other meat.
*********
She said that all grilled foods are GF. This includes the beef, chicken, and
vegies.
                                                            *********
We were told not to eat their chips because they do not have a dedicated
fryer. Their salsa is GF so we ask for corn tortillas and dip them in the salsa
instead of chips. So far, this has been true of all the ones we have gone to,
but you might want to check with yours

                                                            *********
I've been told that the fajitas are ok
IF you get them to cook them over the peppers and TOMATOES (not the onions,
they are marinated in soy sauce).

                                                            *********

This came directly from the company:

Our restaurants stock many items that contain ingredients excluded from your
diet.  Most  processed foods contain derivatives of wheat.  Therefore, out of
an abundance of caution and concern for your health, we cannot recommend menu
items that are gluten free due to the potential of cross contamination or
adulteration.

We suggest you speak with the manager on duty or the head chef and perhaps
they can  suggest and prepare a meal that would meet your satisfaction.