Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 21:13:53 -0400

I received a call last week from Elaine Monarch with the Celiac Disease
Foundation in Los Angeles, asking me if I'd like to do some sample baking for
our upcoming meeting on June 22nd for a new companies gluten free bread mix.
 I was quite fortunate to receive a huge box of samples today from this
company called Mendocino Gluten-Free Products, which produces a 1-lb bread
mix under the Sylvan Border Farm banner, complete with yeast (packaged
seperately).  It is delicious, very easy to make...it mixes in one bowl...all
you have to add is water, vegetable oil and 2 eggs...and bakes in a 9x5 bread
pan.  She also sent me samples of her all-purpose mix (for making cookies,
muffins, brownies,  etc.) and pancake mix...I haven't tried either of these
yet.  She uses a large variety of flours, such as Amaranth, Quinoa, Garbanzo
Bean, Soy, Rice, etc.  She has an 800 number if you'd like to
try...800/297-5399.  By the way, my 7 year old daughter loved the bread!
-Jane Oswaks