From:
Ralph and Mary Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 19:16:24 -0400

Someone wrote in the other day asking about mixes for such things as
pizza crust, so it's time to pass along my experience:

I got the pizza crust mix from 'Cause You're So Special Company because
I'd heard such good things about it.  Some young people were coming and
one pizza wasn't going to be enough, so I decided to try one from
scratch as well.  Interestingly, the ingredients for "Yeast Rising Thick
Pizza Crust" in Bette Hagman's original "The Gluten-Free Gourmet"
looked to be almost identical to the mix, so  it was an interesting
experiment to compare them side by side. The mix made up one pizza crust
very quickly. The recipe made two, and it took more time to assemble all
the ingredients and mix them together. But both came out very well, the
recipe crust just a little thicker. The gluten eaters proclaimed them to
be good, too!   My only regret was for  waiting so long to try making
pizza- I hadn't had pizza for two years!

So my advice is save your money and make your own crust, unless you are
really pressed for time and prefer to  use a mix.   Either way, it's
great that we can enjoy delicious pizza!

Mary Thorpe/Ithaca, NY