From:
Lori Bloomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lori Bloomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2012 03:50:15 +0000

Thank you so much to everyone who responded to my posting with remedies on getting gluten out of your body after accidental exposure!  There are so many helpful, compassionate people out there and your support is very helpful.
A quick summary of some ideas:
BromelinCharcoalPepto BismolBentoniteProbiotics (Florastor)Cranberry Juice500 mg. of vitamin C every 2 hoursChicken brothL-glutamineAlmond milk (instead of dairy)ginger aleDDP-IV enzymesfish oilGlutenEasepedialyte pop
Thankfully my son seemed OK today.  He had some water and half of a pedialyte pop this morning just to get him hydrated again.  Then he had half a packet of an Emergen C mixed with water.  He seemed hungry so ate some cantaloupe and shortly after, he had a banana and some dry cereal.
Later in the day, I gave him a coconut water and he ate a little bit of a dosa with chicken/avocado.
He drank another half packed of Emergen C and I mixed in the Florastor Probiotic.
He was hungry again and asked for pasta so gave him some rice pasta shells (rice: another thing to worry about)!
He had more water with powdered fiber.
I asked him how he felt at the end of the night and he said really good!:)
So I am very relieved that he didn't suffer too much today and had energy.  But I do worry if the gluten is going to take a toll on his body.  I will continue with the probiotics for a little while.  I couldn't speak with his doctor so I was too worried to introduce any of the other enzyme products.
I hope this never happens to him or any other Celiacs again but it is a good idea to have this list (and/or products) in case it does happen!
Thanks again!
LoriNYC