From:
mary burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
mary burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:29:00 -0500

I received so many responses about the potato chip chicken recipe, and all
positive!  Here are some suggestions that were sent to me:

This also works with crushed corn flake crumbs. Sometimes I marinate the
chicken in Italian dressing first or dip it in French dressing and then the
crumbs. Then bake at 350 until done. I use all of the chicken, cut into
8ths, but chicken breasts are quick and easy, too.

Thanks for sharing.  I have also tried a similar recipe that uses barbeque
flavored potato chips.

Thanks for the recipe. Have you tried the following coating: Cornmeal,
cornstartch, salt, pepper, and paprika.  I don't measure, but usually I use
more cornmeal than cornstarch.  If baking chicken in oven, I'll put
ingredients in a ziploc bag and shake the chicken.  If I'm making chicken
fingers or cutlets, I'll dip in egg, flour mix, egg and fry in olive oil.
At the dinner table, we use BBQ sauce, hot sauce and ketchup as condiments
for the chicken for added flavor.

I do the same thing as you do with chicken with fish and pork chops.  The
pork has to be baked longer but not long enough to dry out.  And Fritos and
other types of of corn chips  can also be added to the potato chips.

Quick idea for you, if you like the flavor of KFC try The Glutano
Crackers and crush them down, that really tastes like KFC original.  I
do it all time.

I saw Rachel Ray cooking a 30 minute meal tonight.  She made fried chicken
breaded w/ shredded parmesan cheese.  She seasoned the cheese w/ black
pepper, pressed it onto chicken breasts, and then pan fry in olive oil.
Looked yummy!

Thanks for all these great suggestions!  I'm definitely going to try this
on pork chops.

-Mary