From:
Lisa S Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 1995 21:48:46 EDT

RE: Modified Velvet Cake Recipe

 Mary Courtney said:

>I don't wish canola sensitivity on anyone, but it caught my eye in your
>recipe. Otherwise, as another experiment, try making the cake with flour
>from Authentic Foods.

The words "canola oil" were certainly not written in stone. Use
whatever oil you prefer.  The cake is an excellent one and I
recommend it highly.  I'm sure that lots of people are sensitive to
certain oils, or the pineapple juice, but they may or may not be
reacting to gluten (my son reacts strongly to orange juice, but I'm
sure it's unrelated to gluten since fresh squeezed can be a problem!
LL