From:
Jillian Venne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:40:20 EDT

I have received an overwhelming respsonse to my post and many of you wanted
to know what the others had to say..... Thanks to everyone for your
suggestions, I will let you know how it goes!

*You might try the Eat Right for
Your Type system. When it comes to weight gain and loss, this way of eating
is based on the premise that people with a specific blood type will gain
weight (or not lose it) when eating a specific food while another with a
different blood type will lose weight eating the same food - just because
the two different bodies process food a bit differently.

* Of course, many people echo the doctors and say to exercise more

* Ask your doctor about Candida Albicans, a yeast overgrowth.

*Quite a few people said to have my thyroid checked by an endocrynologist (?)

* Contadicting e-mails regarding the low-carb, no-carb, it doesn't matter how
many carbs diets... I don't know much, but I think that carbs and starchs?
turn into sugar...

There were a lot of people stuck in the same boat as I am and one person said
that they believe there is something preventing Celiacs from weight loss,
post diagnosis.. I have talked to a lot of people who were underweight eating
gluten, and once diagnosed, were overweight but GF!

This is all so complex and it can't be narrowed down to one quick fix.. if it
could I suppose the world would be a happier place.... So for now, I guess
just keep up the good fight... Gastric bypass is sounding really tempting at
this point, but unfortuantely I don't weigh enough for it! (That is probobly
the only time I will ever be able to say that!) So good luck to all and I
hope this helps some of you!

Jill