From:
Kristine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2010 00:18:45 -0800

Bellevue WA  Outback failed once again. In the past we have had issues
with this particular location and each time Outback has put the blame
back on us..for example we didn't ask for the gf menu even though we
knew exactly what we wanted and told the waitress the entire meal was
gf.. Another time we didn't specifically point to the broccoli without
seasonings  on the gf menu and yet another time we didn't tell the
waitress to clean the salad bowl. So the night before last we made a
rare trip out to eat ..asked for the gf menu , pointed to each item on
the gf menu and told the waitress to be sure and wipe out the salad
bowl. We were assured  over and over again that they got it...salad
comes and we were talking and eating and all of a sudden my daughter
shrieks and burst into tears ..there are crouton crumbs in her 1/2 eaten
salad. I look at my salad closer and what I thought was minced garlic
was in fact bread crumbs. We called the waitress over and she was
horrified  , the manager came out and they apologized profusely /comped
the dinner. The waitress then told us it was a busy night and the
kitchen did in fact just pick croutons off a premade salad and then
stirred it up which is why we didn't see it right away. She then went on
to tell us that she has worked with this women before with other gf
meals and never had a problem. I am furious- not to mention sick- and
done with Outback forever and ever.

Don't claim to support gf ,provide a gf menu and then have employees who
don't care. Shame on you Outback- your organization cannot be trusted to
provide a safe dining experience so don't claim you  do .

Kristine