From:
Linda Ostrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:56:36 EST

Hi Friends,

I want to share something that has helped me a lot.  I'm a busy working
mom and used to rely on "convenience" foods for dinner most nights.  CD
has CERTAINLY changed all that.  However, I have two convenience foods
that I'm still able to use.  One is Green Giant's Create-A-Meals where
you add your own meat.  I've only used the "oven-roasted" type:  Garlic
Chicken, Chicken Parmesan and tonight I'm trying Lemon Pepper Chicken.
I've called Green Giant on several occasions and while they won't say
that these products are gluten-free they do say that all ingredients are
marked on the label.  I can tell you this, as I go forward in this gf
journey, I am increasingly sensitive to gluten and I've never gotten
sick with this.  BTW, I use Tyson's "Time Trimmers" - Southwest Seasoned
Chicken Breast Strips for the chicken.

The other product I use is frozen Skyline Chili - this is probably a
regional dish (I can get it at Kroger but not Publix) and is definitely an
acquired taste, but it sure is easy.  Simply thaw and throw over gf spaghetti.
Quite yummy....BTW, this company confirms that the product is gf

Please try these products and in the case of Green Giant, let them know
if it works for you.  Their # is 1-800-998-9996.  I called them today
because I've had a hard time finding their product in our local
supermarkets.  They assured me that they are still making the dish
without meat (that seems to always add gluten for some reason -
coatings, etc.) and that it is available nation-wide.  I made a big
pitch for the celiac community and how difficult it is to maintain this
diet on a busy schedule.  Obviously, it will take more than just my phone call.

I hope you enjoy these foods as much as I do and can tolerate them as
well.

Happy eating and stay healthy,

Linda in Savannah, GA - USA