From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 11:26:42 -0500

At 08:39 PM 2/18/96 GMT, Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The ingredients of the Basic Mix are:
>
>   Dairy-Free Basic Baking Mix -- Modified Tapioca Starch, Bovine
>   Blood Plasma, Gelatin, Powdered Egg White, Xanthan Gum, and
>   Ascorbic Acid.

On the subject of blood products, here is part of one of the Reichelt Net
articles:

Subject: Diet
Date:    22 Nov 1994 15:00:55 +0100

The only certainly established peptide problem so far is gliadin, gluten and
casein. However, people can be allergic (IgE mediated) to almost anything.
Opioids may also be formed from hemoglobin (hemoceptins) so I guess it is
better not to consume blood products.

[end of included excerpt]

Dr. Reichelt, has been researching the impact of gluten and casein
intolerance on certain individuals with developmental delays. A collected
set of his postings to the Net has been put up at:

 http://www.panix.com/~donwiss/reichelt.html

The articles include:

1. Intolerance to food proteins
2. Diet and mental disease
3. Diet
4. Gluten, autism and schizophrenia
5. Autism and coeliac disease.
6. Intestinal permeability in schizophrenia
7. Trace amount of protein in milk.
8. Diet and mental disease.
9. ADDHA.
10. Schizophrenia and diet
11. Gluten, casein and behaviour
12. Ear infections, allergy, autism & gluten
13. Behaviour and Gluten
14. Downs syndrome and gut permeability
15. dietary proteins in mothers milk
16. Copious stools.
17. Soy intolerance
18. Concentrated carbohydrates and Hyperkinesia

They are very enlightening, somewhat technical and include many references
to published studies. It is 58K of info and I can easily e-mail it if one
doesn't have web access.

Don <[log in to unmask]>