From:
Lady Ariel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:04:37 -0500

Hi All,
        I've never been formally diagnosed as a celiac, but I've tried
going gluten free a few times and every time I try this I feel quite a
bit better. No bloating, no constipation, not nearly as much anxiety.  I'm
wondering if celiac disease might also make symptoms of RSI worse
especially if you're not absorbing calcium.  I ask because I have some
really strange things going on from typing too much (I know, I know:
"Quit typing so much").  I went to a doctor regarding the RSI and he
stated that if it were carpal tunnel, it woudln't be in both hands at the
same time.  So I'm wondering how long one would have to go gluten free
for to see if calcium absorption might improve.

        I could certainly try to get diagnosed.  I hesitate for a few
reasons (biopsy being a big one).  I don't have a regular doctor that I
see and don't know of a good one, so I'd prefer not to go through all the
annoyance of going to the doctor and being told I'm out of my tree.  This
is what happened with the doctor I saw about my RSI.

        I'm mostly wondering what a diagnosis would do for me.  Yes, it
would make me completely sure that this is what my real problem is and
reinforce the idea I have that I'm not just mentally ill and a bottle of
prozac won't make things better.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Lady Ariel                                              [log in to unmask]
"Drink Your Tea"