Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 1997 15:58:17 -0400

Hi all,

Thanks to those who responded to my posting regarding my three meds as
above.

It was my first posting, and the info I gave was not as clear as it
could have been.

There were replies as to weather the pharmasist was even knowlegeable
regarding gluten in meds as others had probelms in the past, as the
pharmacists were looking for the actual word"gluten" as an ingrediant.
I had spoke with my pharmacist who was very knowledgable regarding
gluten, and possiblilities of cross contaminations as well. this is a
pharmacist who works for Blue cross/blue Shield of NE Pa.
His name is Chris 1-800 282-2881 ext. 3007.  However you must be a
member of this system to get in contact with them.

The results were as follows:
Premarin (Wyeth Ayerst Pharmaceuticals) GF
Klonopin (Lemon Pharmaceuticals)  GF
Librax  (Amide Pharmaceuticals) May be made with wheat products, so may
contain gluten.
I could not supply the number of these companies as Chris phoned them
himself(which took him three days)

I recieved a responce from a fellow poster that
APO-CHLORAX by APOTEX is also librax that contains no
alcohol,gluten,sodium,or tautrezine(SP) sorry.
I am planning to ask this pharmacist tomarrow to replace my librax with
same. Thank you.   :)

There were concerns regarding my doctor, as he doesn't seem to take CD
seriously. I see him tomarrow, and I have known him for years, he will
probably do anything I feel is needed to get well.If not, I will change.
I did did look at the support groups listed here, and wrote to a few
asking information regarding Doctors in my area. Since I do not have
HMO, I am not limited to Doctor choice.

I was relieved to know I am not the only one going through this
frustration of waiting so long for a Dx. Most seem to take years and
many scopes and doctors like I have experienced. Hang in there those who
have not been Dx as myself. I feel the answer is out there somewhere,
and i am determined to find it!

Also concerning the lab techs. lack of knowledge regarding the serology
tests, I had responses regarding to once again check with a support
group in your area to find out labs.  Also had a specific one given to me
Specialty labs in Los Angeles.

And I was reminded to not go GF until a Dx.  I must admitt I am tempted
to just go GF and see how much better I feel.

Question

Why can't I just go GF instead of going through this scopping again? If
I feel better, isn't it just as good? I seem to have the s/s. Been
tested and most everything else has already been ruled out, including
UC, Crohns,paracites,c-diff,bacterias. I am so sick, i just do not want
to wait for all the doctor appointments and tests, then test results.
I am staying mostly Gf and two nights ago, I deliberatly ate a meatloaf
made with bread crumbs, with potatoes in cheese sauce, and I was too ill
to even get up much that night, my abd. distended, pain and nausea was
worse, and my congestion was immediatly noticeable again. Still sicker
two days later!  Is the actual Dx really worth this?

                     Carol